The program committee of 13th European Conference on Software Architecture (ECSA 2019) seeks submissions of papers describing basic and applied research, novel applications and experience reports on all topics related to software architectures including, but not limited to:
- Foundational principles of software architecture
- Linking requirements engineering and software architectures
- Quality attributes and software architectures
- Architectural design, analysis and evaluation
- Architecture description languages and meta-models
- Architecture verification and validation
- Management of architectural knowledge, decisions, and rationale
- Cross disciplinary efforts and software architecture
- Architectural patterns, styles and tactics, reference architectures
- Architecture viewpoints and views
- Architecture conformance
- Architecture-based synthesis, code generation
- Architecture transformation and refinement
- Architecture refactoring and reengineering, reverse engineering
- Architecture-based evolution
- Architectures for reconfigurable and self-adaptive systems
- Service-Oriented Architectures (SOA) and Web services,
- Microservice architecture (MSA)
- Architectures for ultra-large scale, long-lived systems and systems-of-systems
- Architecture for software ecosystems
- Software architecture and the cloud/edge-cloud
- Software architecture and big data
- Software architecture and virtualization
- Software architecture for blockchain applications
- Architectures for cyber-physical systems and IoT
- Architectural concerns of autonomic systems
- Security, privacy, trust aspects of software architecture
- Architecture-centric process models and frameworks
- Software architecture and agility
- Software architecture and continuous integration, continuous development and DevOps tools
- Architecture-centric model driven engineering
- Component-based models and deployment, middleware
- Software architecture and system architecture, including software-defined networking
- Software tools and environments for architecture-centric software engineering
- Cultural, economic, business, social and managerial aspects of software architecture
- Industrial applications, case studies, best practices and experience reports
- Empirical studies, systematic literature reviews and mapping studies in software architecture.
For the research track, ECSA 2019 encourages submission of papers describing basic and applied research, novel applications and experience papers on all topics related to software architectures. ECSA 2019 seeks four types of papers for the research track:
- Research papers (max. 16 pages in LNCS style) which describe novel contributions to software architecture research (submissions should cover work that has a sound scientific/technological basis and it has been possibly validated).
- Industrial papers (max. 16 pages in LNCS style) which describe lessons learned, best practices from enterprise-scale industry projects and significant experiences gained from deploying or trialing a particular method, approach, or tool related to any topic of software architecture.
- Education and training papers (max. 16 pages in LNCS style) that address experiences and best practices in teaching and training of software architecture.
- Short papers (max. 8 pages in LNCS style) that present promising preliminary results from work-in-progress or challenges in a topic of software architecture research or education and training software architectures (submissions should cover work that has a sound basis, but perhaps has not been validated in full).
All submitted papers will undergo a rigorous peer review process. Papers will be selected based on originality, quality, soundness and relevance. All contributions must be original, not published, accepted or submitted for publication elsewhere. All accepted papers will appear in the proceedings. The proceedings will be published by Springer-Verlag as part of the Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS) series.
You can get the this information in our PDF flyer by clicking here.
Contributions should be submitted using the online submission site: EasyChair ECSA 2019 Main Conference.
Full research Research, Industry and Education papers
March 15, 2019
Notification of papers
May 24, 2019
June 14, 2019
Note: All deadlines are 23:59h AoE (anywhere on Earth)
For questions, please contact the PC Co-Chairs: